Monday, August 6, 2012

I COMPLETED INSANITY!!!!!!

Woooooooo hooooooo!!!  I've conquered INSANITY and........  I'm completely EXHAUSTED!  Never before have I pushed myself beyond what I thought was possible as I have with INSANITY!  After completing Day one (June 4, 2012) I thought I was gonna die!  Seriously, I really did.  I had no idea what was instore BUT I knew that quitting wasn't an option for me AT ALL!  I was determined to continue to push until I couldn't push anymore. There wasn't a week that went by when I didn't question what I had gotten myself into.  There were many tear shed, a few doubtful moments, lot's of screaming, begging and moments when I thought I would literally drown in my own sweat and tears.  Yet, I continued to push!  Not only did I do INSANITY but I jogged/power walked after every workout (total of 147.55 miles of jogging/powerwalking), did strength training and family sports (soccer and tennis).  I chose not to follow the INSANITY nutrition plan because it just didn't fit my schedule and what I was currently eating worked great for me.  I stuck with eating lot's of protein and little to no red meat or pork, plenty of fruits/veggies/water and my daily multi vitamin.  I logged my food into MyFitnessPal daily and wore my bodybugg every day to track my daily calorie burn.  All of these things are what kept me on track toward reaching my goals.

Now that INSANITY is complete, I plan on focusing on building my strength, endurance and speed.  I will get in my daily runs (both indoors and outdoors), power walks and strength training at least 5 days a week.  I have an official half marathon that I will be running in February 2013.  Every month (starting in October) I will run a half marathon (the last day of each month) to see if I can 1. Complete it and 2. Shave seconds and minutes off of my time. I've pondered the idea of joining CrossFit or Bootcamp but for now, I will stick to what works best for me.  This month will be quite hectic with the kids' sports (soccer and football) and the start of a new school year.  I hope to come up with a concrete schedule by September that will intensify my training and help take me to the next level of fitness.  Here are several pictures of my progress from the weight loss competition as well well as my overall progress over the last 9 months.  I will have updated pics in November, as that will make my 1 year fitness anniversary :-)

This pic shows my weight loss throughout the 3 month competition:


The following pics show my progress from INSANITY Day 1- Day 63:




The next pic shows my "Fitness" at the present.... I'm still working on several areas :-)


The final pic shows my progress from before, after and present... 9 months of vigorous exercise/healthy eating:






2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I am so very proud of you. There are tears in my eyes because I know how hard you work and how dedicated you are. GREAT JOB SIS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh! Stop it Michelle! You're really gonna make me cry. There's such a special bond I feel with you and all of the other ladies who are in this journey fighting for your health. I know that you know what it takes to stick with it and see your goals through. I sooooo appreciate the constant support you offer me. I can only hope and pray that i'm able to return it to you 100 fold. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your genuine compliments and support mean so much to me. Yes, super hard work and dedication have been the key to my success so far. Everytime I think about my reasons for putting myself through this I look back at comparison pics like these. IT is soooo worth it! I'm worth it! You're worth it! Whew!!! Just know that i'm here to support you anytime, sis.

      Delete