Saturday, August 11, 2012

Just took a quick weekend getaway...

8/10/2012...

The kids and I decided to tag along with hubby down to FLORIDA for the weekend.  He has final exams for school (he's in the MBA program at The Univ of FL). So after a lengthy road trip, unwinding with the kids by the pool and taking them out for pizza I decided to drag my tired self down to the hotel fitness ctr and get in JUST 1 mile. So after completing the mile I was seconds away from pressing the "stop" button when this chick and her friends entered the room! She looked me up and down, jumped on the treadmill next to me and started galloping like a horse!! She glared at me in the mirror and I took that as a "bring it on" challenge. The next thing I know, I was finishing up mile 2. I noticed how she began to struggle and that's when I transformed into Carmelita Jeter!!! LOL!!! I cranked up the speed and the incline and sprinted through mile 3! She gave up and went to the elliptical as I coasted in with a total of 3.12 miles. I was a sweaty mess but I got it in!!! Both of my girls were with me and they said "wow mom, I didn't know you could run like that!!!" LOL!!! I said "watch and learn girls... watch and learn..." I can't wait to get it in tomorrow :-)



UPDATE today 8/11/2012

I saw that chick and her crew again at breakfast this morning. I gave her a head nod with a scowled face and a twisted lip. She gave me one back. Later, I blocked her from getting an extra plate and plastic ware... she had to say "excuse me" so that she could get around me. I laughed and said "you're excused!!!" We smiled and watched each other from a distance. As I left, I gave her another head nod... she nodded back. Guess that means "we'll finish what we started later tonight in the fitness ctr".... To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment