Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Yummy Smoothies!!!

Well, I'm back with a quick post to share 2 smoothie recipes with you all.  I apologize for being so sporadic with my posts/updates but life has me on the GO these days.  We just returned from a weekend trip to Florida and hit the ground running as soon as we returned!  While in FL the kids and I spent time at the pool, shopping and relaxing.  Here is some footage from our pool time; Check out my daughter with the "come from behind" victory! and take a look at some pool acrobats.  Ohhhhh what fun!  On our way back home we stopped and purchased some yummy Georgia Peaches!!!!  I couldn't wait to make a smoothie with them (as well as a few other treats) once we got home.

Upon arriving home (at 7pm), I noticed that my grass had grown quite a bit!  It really stood out because my neighbors (on both sides) had recently mowed their lawns which made mine look a hotttttt mess!!!  So, I quickly changed, gassed up my lawn mower and edger and went to work on my lawn with an hour of daylight remaining.  I managed to complete one side of my yard and the front before darkness hit. I woke up the next morning and completed the back lawn and the other side of my house.  It was quite labor intensive mowing the lawn in excrutiating temps (90 degrees), moving a huge trampoline, lifting heavy equipment and trimming the bushes.  The end result was well worth it!!! 


After completing this out door "cardio" session, I pulled out my Nutribullet and made a super delicious smoothie with those yummy Georgia Peaches!! Here it is:


INGREDIENTS/RECIPE: One LARGE peach, 1/2 cup of low fat milk (you can use almond milk or coconut milk if you'd like), 1/2 spoonful of vanilla protein powder, pumpkin seeds/flax seeds/granola (Nature's Path Organic Cereal), crushed ice and water. 

It was the peeeerfect drink I needed to replenish myself as I still had a long day ahead of me that included soccer practice!  Yes, SOCCER PRACTICE!!!!  It's back and in full swing!  I just knew I would be tired, sore and sluggish the next morning from my intense yard work session so I hit the grocery store before heading home.  I grabbed some veggies and fresh fruit along with the essentials and rushed home to relax for the night.  This morning, I awakened feeling alive and refreshed!  I rushed downstairs to make another delicious smoothie with the fresh veggies and fruit I had purchased last night.  Here's what I came up with:

INGREDIENTS/RECIPE: Kale, strawberries (4), banana (1), frozen blueberries (handful), pumpkin seeds/flax seeds/granola (Nature's Path Organic Cereal), crushed ice and water. 

This smoothie made 2-8oz glasses and I drank every last drop of it!!!  Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment