Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Month #2 Pics for the Weight Loss Challenge...

I just wanted to share my month #2 pics for the current weight loss challenge i'm in. I still have quite a few areas to work on but the weight and the inches are coming off and I feel great! I will post comparison pics at the end of the challenge. I have one more month to go and i'm going for broke!!! Pray hard 'cause a sista is working HARD!!!


~Excuse the workout hair.... i'm not trying to look cute when i'm going hard in my workouts.

As many of you know, I went on a family vacation but my health/fitness did not!! How did I lose almost 3 lbs prior to vacation and almost 2 1/2 lbs the week of vacation?? Well, I worked my butt off for the allotted time I gave myself to work out. I stuck to my plan of getting in INASANITY EVERY DAY, I walked for hours at amusement parks and around the resort, I cooked breakfast & lunch in my room EVERY DAY (dinner out was my splurge), I drank tons of water (I splurged with a cherry coke zero every now and then) and I had an average daily calorie burn of 2600... I ate between 1360-1600 cals/day and I documented every single thing that went into my body. There is no quick fix! Weight loss/fitness/health is a life long journey! Hard work & dedication must be implemented and your mindset has to be on point! You cannot allow yourself to deter away from your plans. Surround yourself with those who want to help make you better and just GO HARD!!!! If I can do this, ANYONE can. If you want it, GO GET IT!!!!!
This type of mindset will not happen over night.  It took me years of yo-yo'ing, trying different workouts, changing my diet (off and on), talking myself in and out of things, waivering back and forth and etc... before I finally told myself I was gonna do this and go all the way. It was in November 2011 when I finally decided I was going to make a change.  I started with walking on my treadmill and then I added in "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels.  I then moved on to "Ripped In 30" by Jillian Michaels, P90X and now INSANITY!  I've also competed in two 5k races and I have plans to start to seriously train (in October) for a 1/2 marathon in February. I never would've thought i'd be 50+ pounds lighter this soon in my journey.  Here I am on Day 31 of INSANITY and i'm feeling stronger and stronger with each workout.  I still remember the first INSANITY workout when I was huffing, puffing, sweating and begging for mercy.  I still have those moments but I handle them differently.... I push harder!  
Hopefully by this time next month I will be 10 lbs lighter and posting about how I conquered INSANITY and won the weight loss challenge!  I promise to keep updating about my progress with hopes of encouraging someone to take that step toward a  being a better YOU!!!  
~blessings to you, always!  

1 comment:

  1. This blog resolved all my queries I had in my mind. Really helpful and supportive subject matter written in all the points. Hard to find such kind of blogs as descriptive and accountable to your doubts.
    lipofirm Pro London

    ReplyDelete