Monday, October 29, 2012

Rest week on the fitness front... well, kinda :-)

 
So, this week is my "Take a step back week"... I have read that every three to four weeks you should give your body a chance to rest. You should drop your mileage by 10 percent to help your body recover and keep you from hitting a plateau. This is sometimes tough for me... I know that my body needs a rest week by just cutting back on my normal routine. This week is my "take a step back week" with INSANITY. I have Core Cardio & Balance all week (sort of like a rest week from the intense jumps and cardio) and i'm going to make myself slow down and cut my mileage back... I'm also going to go a little easier on the weights. This will do my body and my mind some good :-)
 
On the hair front.... The month of October is my 5 yr Natural Hair Anniversary!!!  Woo hoo!!!  I've been so super duper busy that I just didn't have the time to do antyhing elaborate in celebration.  However, I was able to make some time to put together a little slide show showcasing my hair journey thus far.  Take a look at it and feel free to ask questions or leave a comment.
 
 
I'll be back soon to share more details about the kiddos as their soccer and football seasons are coming to an end.  My sons team won their playoff game this weekend in a CLOSE overtime battle.  This weekend is sure to be another intense game as they take on their rival team.  My eldest daughter's soccer team has 3 scheduled tournaments (2 in November an 1 in December).  Each tournament is 4 games (2 on Sat and 2 on Sun) so she will need all of her energy in order to compete at a high level.  Baby girl's last soccer game is this Saturday so we'll enjoy that and try to convince her to take a break for the winter... i'll keep you posted!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. you are beautiful, love your hair, and the transformation your body has gone through as well! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thx so much to whomever left this wonderful compliment! IT made my day and I soooo appreciate the kind words.
      ~blessings to you

      Delete