Monday, November 5, 2012

Scaling it back for yet another week....

*sigh*.... so I woke up this morning all ready for my grueling workout only to find this message awaiting me on my Polar Heart Rate Monitor/Watch...

Last week was my INSANITY recovery week and I scaled back on my running and strength training. Now my polarFT60 is telling me that I need a recovery week this week???? It wants me to stay out of my max heart rate zone and only spend minimal time in zones 1 & 2. It also suggests that I cut back on the amount of hours I workout with a significant reduction in the calories I burn. I just can't do it. My metabolism is at an all time high and i'm burning a ton of calories constantly with little to no effort at all. This weekend I didn't do any planned workouts. I just did tons of walking that comes with hustlin' around with my kids' sports all weekend and I still managed to burn well over 2000 calories each day (Fri/Sat/Sun). I'm amped up for some intense workouts this week with insanity but I will stay off of my treadmill and stay away from my weights this week. I hate having to switch things up but i'll see if this watch knows what it's talking about. I'm not a happy camper...


Soooo today's "light" workout included INSANITY FitTest #3 and Max Interval Circuit..... Day 1/month 2/round 2 is officially in the books. Here are my results: switch kicks 141; power jacks 114; power knees 127; power jumps 22; globe jumps 15; suicide jumps 26; pushup jacks 21; low plank oblique 71. My goal for this final month is to lean out. I'm starting to get that Serena Williams look and it's GREAT for body building but not so much for running (which is what i'm training for in the coming months). So lighter weights (more reps), more cardio and healthier food choices are going to get me there :-)

1 comment: