Saturday, January 8, 2011

Post Holiday Meal :)

Praise God for another day!!!!  It's been a while since i last blogged.... i've been so busy lately with life.  Anywho, i'm alive and blessed and that's more than enough for me.  Today starts the NFL playoff weekend!  Woohoo!!!  Hubby originally wanted to cook some football food (wings, meatballs, chips, salsa and etc...) but as we started making out the grocery list we decided to cook something a bit more hearty.  So, our football food turned into a post holiday meal that will consist of Turkey, Dressing, Mac & Cheese, Yams, Cabbage, Gravy, Homemade Bread (made by my friend in Wisconsin... she shipped it to me and it arrived yesterday).... and to top this meal off i baked an Appa Dappa Cake (an apple cake with extra goodness.... recipe from my Godmother Alice) with vanilla ice cream. YUM!!!! As I type, the Turkey is baking away in the oven, the cake is already done, the mac & cheese and dressing have both been prepared and are awaiting the oven, the yams and the cabbage are next to go in the pot! I can't wait!  Of course i'll post pictures and include the recipes and such on my cooking page for your enjoyment. 

Well, the remainder of our day will be spent home cooking and eating... lounging on the couch watching football.  I did manage to wash and detangle my hair today :).  Guess i'll style it tonight in preparation for church tomorrow.  I think i may make a hair video of it to post on youtube in the coming days.  We'll see.  Enjoy your Saturday and i'll hopefully post some food pics this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment