Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rainy Day in NC...

Well, thank God for another day!  We awakened to rain and cloudy skies this morning  but praise God for safe travels to and from my children's school.  The kids have all had slight colds and low grade fevers over here off and on over the past few days so we were unable to attend church.  We wanted to keep them indoors as much as possible so that they could recover.  While indoors, i managed to cook up a spread for dinner last night.  I made smothered pork chops over white rice with mac n cheese, green beans, corn bread and sweet tea.  Hubby was in heaven.  I haven't made pork chops in about 2 years and they are one of his favs! I also made a quick dessert... Apple Fritters with Cinnamon Powdered Sugar!  Here are the pics but i'll post the recipe when i get a moment on the cooking page :0



Guess i'll spend the rest of the day cleaning and reading with my daughter.  I'll probably make meatloaf for dinner tonight so i'll post pics of that tomorrow :)

~blessings to you

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the recipes. This looks yummy!
    -i22

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the Apple Fritter Recipe on the cooking page... i'll post the smothered pork chop recipe soon :). Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete