Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swim Lessons have come to an end...

Today was the last day of the kids' 5 week swim lessons!!! All 3 of them are swimmers and we are thrilled! Since day 1 the girls have not wanted to wear swim caps so here's what I do to protect their hair... I soak their hair with water and apply conditioner before they swim. This helps protect their hair from chlorine. It serves as a barrier to protect their strands and it helps to keep their hai...r from drying out and breaking off. I also gather their hair and put it in some sort of protective style so that they can swim freely and enjoy. I assist them with washing their hair and bathing as soon as they get home and then I seal in the moisture with my shea butter mix. So far, so good! Here's how they wore their hair today...

I also managed to co wash my hair today prior to swim lessons. It took me over an hour to detangle and wash my hair! Ridiculous! So, we are now unwinding and trying to rehydrate ourselves after spending the day in the sun. So far, it's 97 degrees... I don't think it will get much hotter but time will tell. Time to start thinking about what i'll make for dinner tonight. I want to keep it simple... i'll come up with some ideas and maybe post a few pics at a later date :)

~blessings to you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment