Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pattin' myself on the back...

Pattin' myself on the back for BRINGING IT yesterday during my workout. I power walked & jogged 4.02 miles (around the lake at hubby's business park), had a deliciously healthy lunch with hubby and then did another 2.04 miles. Whew... 6 miles, freeing my mind of everyone else's problems/issues/concerns/drama while putting in some training for my 5k was quite rewarding! It was a good day :)

I originally set out to do 4 miles and call it quits... in fact, I did!  Then hubby sent me a text and asked if I wanted to have lunch at one of my favorite organic places to eat (Earthfare), so of course I accepted!  They sell fresh produce, meats, household items, dairy products and etc... but they also have a wonderful buffet of organic foods to choose from... fresh deli sandwiches, hot meals, fruit and salad... a soup bar and a dessert bar (which i stay away from).  Here are a few pics of what they have to offer...


And here's what I had to eat... Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad with a mixed salad and fruit :)


Hubby had a caesar chicken wrap with soup.  It was super delicious!  Today, I will take it easy and powerwalk at least a mile on my treadmill and allow my body to rest.  Hubby is meeting me for lunch and then we're going to pick out a new pair of running shoes for me.  Sooo excited.  I cannot wait to break them in during my workout today,  I'll be sure to post about it :)

2 comments: