Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shoe Shopping Experience...

After spending an hour with this amazingly knowledgeable saleswoman I learned that I have an overpronation, a flat foot w/ a low arch and an excessive inward roll. She examined my bare feet (bless her heart), had me squat, walk (frontward and backward), balance on one foot, jog outdoors (with several pairs of shoes and a variety of arch supports) and try on sweat reducing socks!! Almost $200 later I proudly walked out with comfy sweat reducing socks, high end arch supports and a FRESH pair of kicks! I didn't look at the price until I got home. If you're serious about running PLEASE go to a running store (not foot locker and etc) and don't judge a shoe by it's looks or price. You're worth the investment and your body will thank you!

These are my wonderful shoes that I will hopefully grow a tight knit bond with over the next 400+ miles of wear and tear... Asics GT-2170




What's funny is that I actually wear a whole size larger than i've been buying my entire adult life (thx to the saleswoman who brought this to my attention)!!! This is also why you NEED to go to a running
store to make sure your running/walking/exercise experience is as enjoyable as possible! ~s/n I got a 1/2 size larger shoe (once my true size was determined). She said that runners should buy 1/2 size larger. It makes a difference for sure!  I have to walk in these shoes ONLY for the next 2 days or so before actually running in them.  I've been told that I need to give my feet a chance to get used to them so, I WILL WAIT :)

2 comments:

  1. Shopping for shoes has always been my passion, and I actually have a collection at home. There's something about shoes that make me want for more of them whenever I go shopping. Yours are a great selection. They're very comfortable and light to wear. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree... there's just something about shoe shopping that makes you want more of them. I'm already thinking about my next pair of running shoes and a few cute pair of sandals for the warmer months. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete