Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Working on toning, strength building and endurance


It's been a minute since i've posted but i've still been on my grind.  I've been getting in my  runs (both on the treadmill and outdoors) and feeling stronger each day.  My legs are looking more defined, my waist line is trying to come togther and i'm getting tougher (physically and mentally).  A good friend of mine, who is also a personal trainer, suggested that I begin to shift my focus toward weight training.  Her reasoning behind that was so I can can build more muscle which burns more fat.  As I continue to lose weight the tone will be become more prevelant because of the weight training.  So, I started lifting with light weights this week.  She suggested that I do this for 39 minutes at a time.  Right now, i'm doing about 15 minutes (upper body) because my lower body is getting a mega workout with my runs and such.  I plan to increase that over time.  Here is a quick picture of where I am now and I will update in the months to come.


Well, my kids (all 3 of them) have officially started their spring soccer seasons!  This past Saturday we were at the field from 9:30am-6pm!!!  They each have a different practice time throughout the week on different days.  This coming Saturday, they will all have different games at different times of the day!  CRAZINESS!!!!  We'll make it through, I suppose.  Be on the lookout for pics and updates about their season.  This is my sons first season playing soccer so he's super excited to get out there and make things happen.  We are hopeful that this will help to improve his speed, footwork, coordination and agility for the upcoming football season that will soon follow.  I'm an offical SOCCER MOM and I never thought in a million years I would be saying that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment