Saturday, February 4, 2012

Still working it out!!!!

Just dropping in to say that I won a recent weight loss challenge with the help of God, Family and a wonderful support group of women (via FB).  I feel ohhh so good!  I finished off the month with 52.55 miles and tons of countless hours of fitness tapes.  I completed Jillian Michaels "Ripped In 30" and Hubby and I are now doing P90X.  My goal for this month is to continue to focus on my speed, time, distance, endurance and breathing as I prepare for my 1st 5k!!!!  YES!!!!  I cannot wait!  I have 3 5k's scheduled and so far i've registered for 2 of them.  The first 2 are in March (10th & 31st). I am meeting up with a few of the girls from my FB group to run a 5k together.  It will be our first time meeting and we plan to have loads of fun!  Of course I will take plenty of pics (or hubby will) and post them on here for you all to see.  I am soooo proud of myself for making it this far.  I am currently able to effectively run for 25 minutes straight and complete 2.50 miles.  The 5k is 3.1 miles and I want to run it in 40 minutes or less.  Let's see how I do!  Hubby and I are also powerwalking/jogging at night in addition to everything else.  God is soooo good!

Here is a pic of a recent meal I prepared for the fam & I a few days a go... keeping it light and tasty!!!


 The weather was nice so we grilled some Marinated Lemon & Garlic Chicken Breast and paired it with a side pasta salad (with light balsamic vinegarette) and a sweet potato (with cinnamon & a little agave nectar)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. What a huge accomplishment! I am working on my body too and I know with God's help change is taking place.

    I'm doing WW and have lost about 9 pounds so far. It's very new but I'm alwo working out with Bob from the Biggest Loser (via DVD of course lol).

    I look forward to do P90X. A lot of ppl in my FB group are loving it.

    Oh I found you while trying to Google your fotki (which I never found lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! God is truly awesome and he's doing a wonderful work in me! Congrats on losing your 9 lbs thus far! I am extremly happy for you. I've hear good things about the Biggest Loser Workout DVD. I just completed "Ripped In 30" with Jillian Michaels and it was a true workout indeed. Keep up the good work and strive to reach your goals! Keep me posted with your results :).

      Here's my info: Fotki (blessedmomof3... you must be a member to see my pics)
      Facebook~ The Blessed Mom Of 3 (come over and "like" my page. I have hair pics and videos posted as well.
      Youtube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/theblessedmomof3

      Delete