Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Night Out~ Gala

Soooo, i'm still recovering from last night's Gala but I wanted to log in to post a few pics of our fun night.  Hubby and I decided to support the kids' school by purchasing tickets ($100) to attend the Gala.  All proceeds went directly to our school building fund and teacher enrichment programs.  There was dinner, dancing, live auctions, silent auctions and giveaways.  Some people spent as much as $5700 for a single brick to be placed on our new school building.  It was an awesome night for a great cause. 

I spent quite some time trying to find a decent, inexpensive dress.  Just when I found "the one", I drove to the store (Dillard's) to purchase it only to find that they didn't have anymore!! I was devastated!!!  So, I spent the next 3 hours frantically walking from store to store trying on every dress I thought I could squeeze into until I found something.  It was shorter, tighter and more revealing than any dress i've ever worn but I thought it was different sooooo I went with it.  Hubby loved it of course AND I received many compliments as well as some uninvited stares (from other men) but that was to be expected. 

The Gala was held downtown on a roof top overlooking the city and the football stadium.  It was a bit chilly but is was GORGEOUS!!!  We had a great time!  I later had to take off the heels and slip into my slippers by the end of the night.  Here are a few pix...









No comments:

Post a Comment