Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday to my Daughter!!!

Well, this past weekend was packed full of soccer (3 games) and my eldest daughter's birthday.  I spent the entire week, leading up to her big day, shopping!!!!  I must've gone to party city about 6 times!!  Everytime I turned around there was something else that needed to be added, made or created.  The theme for her party was SOCCER, of course.  However, she wanted to have a pool party centered around that theme.  So, we tied the two themes into one and went with the flow.  I decided to bake her birthday cake and cupcakes this year.  I made everything from scratch and topped it off with soccer ball decorations..... very simple.  We had chocolate and vanilla cupcakes (a vanilla cake) with homemeade cream cheese icing.  YUM!!!  I dyed the icing green with hopes of using it for the soccer field.  I was then going to draw the field on top of the cake with a soccer ball in the center.  That didn't quite go as planned soooooo I went with plan B, kept the field simple and placed 4 soccer balls in each corner.  I got candles that said "Happy Birthday" with her name and the #9.  Here's what it looked like:



The kids munched on pizza (sausage, pepperoni and cheese)...



Annnnnd then we headed to the pool for some fun!!!









After the girls swam for an hour we closed out the party with cake & cupcakes!!!




All of the guests left with these handmade gift bags (my by me) with smiles on their faces and laughter in their hearts :-)




She had a blast opening up all of her gifts once we got home.


I was one exhausted momma but seeing the smile on my daughter's face at the end of the day was well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment