Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I'm still making progress :)

Quick update on my weight loss journey... This week I had a loss of 1.2 pounds and I am STILL so very proud of myself. I'm working out and staying on track with my eating. I feel good, look good and am getting stronger by the day. I am going through a bit of a plateau BUT nothing will steal my joy. So far this month, i've gotten in 73 miles (running and power walking), countless hours of cardio (P90X, Jillian), outdoor activities (including soccer with the kids and mowing the lawn) along with tons of strength training and calesthenics. I'm gonna keep on pushing and doing whatever it takes to get my body into the best shape it has ever been in.  Hubby and I are going to start INSANITY in 2 weeks (once he gets back from his business trip in Europe).  We're so excited.  I hope to be able to break through this plateau as I start this new workout plan and follow the meal plan as well.  I refuse to be discouraged....  Let's Go Get It!!!!!

Well, tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!!!  My baby girl will be graduating from PRESCHOOL!!!  We are just sooooo excited for her.  I'm trying to contain myself because my emotions are running high.  I don't know if i'll cry because my baby is growing up and preparing for her next transition in life or what.  We shall see.  One thing is for sure, I will take plenty of pictures and capture some video footage to share with you all. 

Let's see... Oh, I had to part ways with my Garmin GPS sports watch, heart rate monitor and foot pod.  I had too many inaccuracies and I won't stand for having an unreliable $200+ watch!!!  So, I am awaiting a refund with hopes of buying a basic heart rate monitor for both hubby and I (under $50 each) while using the app on my phone for distance (runkeeper). This will hold me over until I can do more research and find just what i'm looking for. 

Well, that's all for now.  The kids and I will be going solo starting tomorrow after baby girl's graduation for the next 1 1/2 weeks while hubby is in Europe.  Getting in my workouts will be a challenge as will the holiday weekend (4 days) with just the kids and I.  We'll get through it, I suppose :) I will leave you with a recent hair pic.  It's just a simple bantu knot out low pony puff.  ~ I only spritzed my hair with my water/oil mixture, sealed it with my shea butter mix, loose twisted with flaxseed gel... bantu knotted over night and that's it!! Will make a vid on this soon :)~

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your baby! My "baby" just graduated pre-school yesterday as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Congrats to your graduate as well. Where does the time go?

      Delete