Friday, January 13, 2012

Hubby is coming HOME!!!!

Ok, most of you know that hubby travels once every month out of the country.... well, he's been away for 1 week in Belgium and is now on his way home as I type!! Oh Happy Day!!  Seriously! These kids have been running me ragged and I could definitely use a break! Soooooooo, customerily we make him a "welcome home meal"... even though I have started this healthier lifestyle :). I usually let the kids choose the meal they would like for me to make. They chose good, ol fashion SPAGHETTI!!!! No problemo... So, what i'll do is make a healthier version of it which includes ground turkey and whole wheat pasta. I did, however, make a homemade garlic & parsley oil mixture to go over some italian bread with fresh mozarella and parmesan cheese. This is my first time making REAL italian garlic bread. I plan to only bake half of the loaf and freeze the other half for another meal.  For dessert we are having a homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream! Yes, I KNOW this is not the healthiest choice but we don't eat like this weekly or monthly... this is just a little something extra for hubby. I, of course plan to have some. I have been depriving myself of sweets, fried foods, fast foods, dining out and etc... for quite some time. So, this momma is taking a break to relax and enjoy her family!!!


On another note, I had a fantastic week of work outs. I finished my week having logged in 14.11 miles and a million calories burned!!! Yay me! My goal for the month is 30 miles and so far I have successfully completed 27.11 miles and we're only halfway through the month! I am SOOOOOO proud of myself, I could burst!!!! Anyway, I pray that you all have a fantastic weekend with your family and friends. I may log back in later and post a pic of our delicious meal tonight.... we'll see!

*For the apple pie recipe go to my "cooking from the heart" page*

~blessings to you!

2 comments:

  1. aww, what a lovely post. Enjoy the delicious meal with your sweetheart and beautiful angels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thx so much! We had a wonderful evening... family time is so important :)

    ReplyDelete