Monday, January 2, 2012

Zucchini Frittata w/ mushrooms, peppers, turkey sausage & mozzarella cheese

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I am so blessed to see another year and I want to make the most of it! I started my day with Jillian Michaels "Ripped In 30" and then I finished up my 3.50 miles on the treadmill. My goal for this month is to log in at least 30 miles... I'm off to a great start. After my workout I made this dish for breakfast and it was super delicious. My serving size was 1/4 slice of what you see pictured. I ate this with an 8 oz glass of blueberry pomegranate cranberry juice... 295 cals!

You can make this meal even healthier by using egg whites or egg beaters and by eliminating the turkey sausage and adding spinach. Here's how you make it:

~Heat your skillet and add extra virgin olive oil... add green, red and yellow peppers along with onions, mushrooms and zucchini

~Add Turkey sausage crumbles with your sauteed veggies

~Add a little salt and pepper and let your mixture cook while you beat your eggs (3) and 2 % milk (about 3 tablespoons) together in a separate bowl. Pour your egg mixture over your veggie mixture...

~Scrape the sides and allow the runny egg mixture to fill the bottom of your skillet (do not scramble). when most of your egg mixture becomes solidified add your mozzarella or parmesan cheese.

~ After you add your cheese, put your skillet in the oven on BROIL and let the cheese melt and get a little brown... KEEP YOUR EYE ON IT!!!

~Gently remove from the skillet, sprinkle some fresh parsley on top and serve!


I hope you enjoy this meal... Tomorrow is a new day and I look forward to getting my sweat on!!! I'm down 8.4 lbs in 3 weeks... 21.2 lbs since October.... Gotta keep it up!  Ciao for now... busy week ahead :)

~blessings to you all


No comments:

Post a Comment