Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My "Nugget of Motivation" for today :)

Tennis: My absolute FAVORITE sport!!! I looove long rally's. Who has what it takes to outlast their opponent? Who will surrender in the end? Who has more endurance? What shot can you pull from your selection to give you the victory in the end? Can you tough it out while blocking out the pain? Allll of these thoughts apply to me when i'm gettin' in my workout. I'm in it for the long haul... building this temple to last!!! I grow stronger in the places I am broken and trust me, there has been some brokenness... you know what that means? Stay tuned :)

It's the PASSION... the WILL... the GRIND... the DESIRE.... All of these things and so much more! The Williams' (in their prime) show all of these characteristics. I just love it! The screams, grunts, fist pumps, sweat, athleticism.... gives me chills! Rafa has that too... Roger shows me the importance of the mental toughness one must have in order to dominate your opponent (or any obastacle in life). It's also about skill, preparation, tactics, exposure of your opponents weaknesses.... I could go on for days!!! I just loooooove it! I apply these things to my workouts and boy am I seeing and feeling the benefits! I'm going to get my workout in right now and I WELCOME the pain and discomfort... I rejoice when I overcome it :)
If you put in the WORK, your body will hold up long enough for you to be victorious in the end!!!! Hard work pays off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment