Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm back with another delicious meal "Garlic, Lemon & Herb Salmon"

I made this meal tonight and it was delicious! I paired this salmon with a baked sweet potato and an organic mixed green salad. I'll include the recipe on this page but you can also find it under my "cooking" page as well. If you give it a try let me know how you like it. I can't wait to make it for hubby when he gets back into town :)

Btw, i'm still working on a healthier me! My workout today left me drenched in sweat with soreness all over afterward. I'll do what it takes to get to my goal :)



~Place your salmon on a sheet of foil (large enough to cover your fish)
~Season your salmon with salt, pepper and garlic powder (I crushed a garlic clove and used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder), fresh rosemary, thyme and sage (a little goes a long way)
~add a slither of butter (a pat of butter to keep your fish juicy and moist) and a slice of lemon.
~seal your fish with the foil so that no air gets in
~place it in the oven and bake it on 350 degrees for 13 minutes!

While that is baking rinse off your sweet potato, prick it with a fork (go all around your potato). Place it is a microwaveable shallow dish and add water to cover the bottom of your dish. Place your pricked sweet potato in the dish and microwave it for 3-5 minutes (depending on how quickly your microwave heats up). I would recommend that you check it after 3 minutes and rotate it. Once it's done I added a little butter, cinnamon and splenda (use any sweetener you'd like or none at all). The organic mixed green salad was purchased in bulk from my local grocery store. I just shredded some fresh carrots and added some low fat raspberry walnut dressing (also purchased from my grocery store).

THAT'S IT!!!!! Seriously it was both delicious and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment