Sunday, January 8, 2012

Working on a healthier ME!!!

Just checking in to share a recipe for a Chicken Vegetable Soup that I made tonight. I am working on developing a healthier me so healthy eating is included in this process :). I've been researching some fun meals to make and i'm having fun adding my own twist to my dish. I've set a few goals for myself this month. I have lost 10 lbs over the past 4 weeks (22.8 lbs since Mid October) and I just want to keep it going. This past week my focus was on increasing my cardio... which I accomplished... however, my calorie intake was off quite a bit. I wasn't prepared to compensate for the extra cardio I was getting in. I found it quite difficult to get in all of my foods (based on a 1200 cal diet) and would often end the night having hundreds of calories unobtainable. This led to a slow weight loss this week. So, my goal this week is to scale back a little on the cardio/cal burn and try to make sure I get in enough nutritious meals to fuel my body. Another one of my goals it to log in 30 miles of jogging/power walking on my treadmill for the month of January. Last month I logged in 23 miles... Here are my totals so far for the week of 1/1-1/6 :
Calories Burned~ 2847
Fat Calories Burned~ 887
Miles Run/Powerwalked~ 13 miles (woo hoo)

I'm encouraged to continue this journey!!

Chicken n Vegetable Soup


Here's What You'll Need:
 ~Shredded Chicken, Cabbage, Onions, Carrots, Green Beans, Peas, Corn, Tomatoes, Celery, Low sodium chicken Stock/Salt/Pepper... topped with fresh chopped parsley~ Yum!!!

You basically bring your low sodium chicken broth and water to a boil... add a little salt, chop your cabbage (wash it thoroughly) and add it to the boiling water. After it has boiled for about 15 minutes add your mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn, green beans), tomatoes (canned or fresh), add your celery and let it cook for 30 minutes (until your cabbage is nice and tender. Then you add your shredded chicken (i took a short cut and used a rotisserie chicken, deboned it and removed the skin), let it cook with your veggies for about 5 more minutes. Add a little more salt and pepper to your liking and top your bowl of soup off with freshly chopped parsley. ENJOY!!!

This will last me for a few days. It is very healthy and quite tasty. Give it a try and of course you can add your own twist to your dish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment